Thursday, March 14, 2013

Action Research Plan to Determine if Classroom Dojo is a useful tool for classroom behavior management.

Action Step(s)

Person(s)
Responsible

Timeline:
Start/End

Needed
Resources
Evaluation

1. Setting the foundation by using Classroom Dojo in my own classroom. Create a survey to give to parents and teachers.

Myself and Site Supervisor.
March 2013- April 2013
Classroom Dojo program.
Surveys from parents and teachers explaining the action research and their feedback .
2. Analyzing the data by observing and monitoring student behavior in the classroom and keep track of improvements with my students attitude and behavior.
Myself and Site Supervisor.
April 2013-June 2013
Chart, graph.
I will use the data to determine the changes in student behavior.
3. Developing a deeper understanding by contacting parents of my students and obtain feedback. from them in the form of emails and/or surveys
Myself and Site Supervisor.
March 2013-June 2013
Emails, Surveys
My evaluation will be based on my discussion with parents and students.
4. Engage in Self Reflection by answering the questions: Do I possess the skills and resources needed to conduct a successful
action research project that reflects that Classroom Dojo is a good behavior management tool?
• If I do not have the resources needed for this action research, can I find them?

Myself and Site Supervisor.
March 2013-June 2013

My evaluation will be based on answering my reflection questions to determine changes that need to be made.
5. Exploring Programmatic Patterns by talking with my site supervisor and other people whose opinion I
respect to determine the pros and cons of possible solutions. What skills and
resources do I think are essential to successful project implementation?

Myself and Site Supervisor.
March 2013-June 2013

Evaluation will be based on discussions with site supervisor and other educational leaders.
6. Determining Direction by answering the questions:
A. Am I clear on what I am attempting to solve (Is Classroom Dojo an affective classroom management tool)?
B. Have I adequately addressed the skills and resources questions?
C. Have I established a collaborative approach to this issue? Are my timelines realistic?
E. Do I have a reasonable plan to monitor the project?
F. Do I have a reasonable plan for determining the level of success – how
do you evaluate if the plan is effective?
G. How will I revise and improve the plan based on monitoring and
evaluation?

Myself and Site Supervisor.
March 2013-June 2013

I will evaluate myself by answering the questions I have developed based on my research findings.
7. Taking action for school improvement by organizing a  meeting with teachers and parents  to assist with my
action research project. I will monitor the project (formative evaluation) and prepare a summary report (summative evaluation) of the results of my action research project addressing the use of Classroom Dojo as a classroom behavior management tool.

Myself and Site Supervisor.
March 2013-June 2013

Formative evaluation and Summative evaluation.
8. Sustain improvement by  maintaining the positive aspects of my action research project. The knowledge and skills developed will be  applied to other areas of my personal professional development.

Myself and Site Supervisor.
March 2013-June 2013

Final evaluation will be based on all my findings and knowledge and skills developed.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicholas,

    your action research plan is impressive. I can see clearly that you followed the 8 steps and have put together a nice plan. I had never heard of classroom dojo until I read your post. After reading some information on it, I can see that it has some real possibilities regarding instant feedback in a creative way that uses technology. It looks like a very organized and fun way to engage students. I will be looking forward to your blogs about your findings as you move forward with your research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your plan. I think whay I like the most about it is that fact that you are going include the parents and gain a deeper understanding about the student's behavior. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plan looks good. I use ClassDojo in the classroom and it works great. After reviewing your plan its seems that you have everything in order. Can't wait to see the results. Keep up the good work. If you would like to review my plan, the address is: ronaldmercer02.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete